Thursday, February 22, 2007

Caribbean party!



I am hanging on by a thread, so much to do, so little time. On Tuesday I will be on a plane headed for Barbados, what a relief that will be from the frantic hum drum of the last few weeks. I have bought bikinis, an air port card for my Mac that I had to go to Southgate for as they don't make them any more, a short wave radio to pick up the World Service with, shorts, flip flops, a humungous new bag on wheels, had my mobile unlocked so I can use a local sim card....oh the list is endless. And now, on top of all of that, I have had to find a lawyer to deal with a particularly friendly leaving present. All I have left to do is buy copious amounts of books, record an interview for Radio 4 for Saturday Live (to be run this Saturday I think), collect my car from the garage and leave it at my parents', clear up my flat for its new inhabitants and oh, of course, pack - carefully and within the BA stringent weight limits.

And amongst all of this I managed to have a humdinger of a Caribbean leaving party...complete with diy spray tans in my bath beforehand, rum punches with umbrellas, finger lickin' jerk chicken, rice'n'peas, thumping reggae and happy summer colours.

Labels: , , ,