Saturday, December 31, 2005

my first published rant

This was published on the BBC wesite along with other survivors views:

Holly, who lives in north London, was on the Piccadilly Line train on her way to work when it was attacked.

She says an inquiry is needed not to find out what happened but to understand why it happened.

I have never once been contacted by anyone to give a statement and no support has been offered to me by anyone - let alone the government.

We have set up a support group amongst survivors and have helped each other that way.

To wake up this morning and hear that the government had decided that the worst terrorist attack in peacetime this country has ever seen does not warrant a public inquiry just sickens me.

Sadly it does not surprise me.

If they already know the answers can they please tell me why my tube was blown up on the way to work?

They say they are going to publish a narrative to explain to us what happened. The people on that tube already know what happened, that is not what we are trying to understand.

What is important is why it happened and how it can be prevented from happening again.

We need to understand how intelligence, security, community relations and all the other factors involved can be improved.

SIGN THE PETITION