Tuesday, January 10, 2006

They are sucking me in again!

I am not going to write about this again, but I keep getting sucked in

Here's a post I left on an anti war site today:

'i am not a conspiracy theorist
by hollyfinch on 10.01.2006 [11:19 ]
I am a great believer in freedom of speach and our right to the truth. I am as enraged as others on this site by this governments lies and hoodwinking over Iraq. I have always been against this war. I have voted labour all my life until the last elections. I just couldn't bring myself to vote for Tony, I didn't trust him any more, and I still don't....so I voted for an alcoholic instead! well i probably have more in common with him these days....

I am fighting for a public enquiry, we need to know the truth about Iraq, the truth about why 7th July happened. But I do NOT believe that the government was responsible. 4 young muslim men boarded those trains and that bus and blew themselves up out of hatred. That is my opinion and I am entitled to it. (It happens in Israel every day, why not here?) I want to understand WHY they did it. I want to stop it from happening again. You obviously have your opinions, but please do not try to preach to me and convert me to your way of thinking. I do not believe in god and I do not believe the government blew up my train. No preacher is going to convince me otherwise on either count.

I do not want my words or my account of what happened to be used as collateral to back up your claims. I do not want the waters of my message to be muddied by you guys. Mike malaysia, I apologise for implying that you personally have been responsible for the treatment some of my friends have been receiving for conspiracy theorists, I apologise for tarring you all with the same brush. I hope you can prove to me that you are not like them.

Stopwar, thank you for your kind words, I know the story kept changing, it was bedlam, chaos, confusion, of COURSE it kept changing.

What I find difficult to understand is why it is so hard for people to accept that these 4 young men carried out this crime. Isn't that enough of a conspiracy for you to get your teeth into? Why is it easier to believe that the Government did it? I find it extraordinary. There is hatred in this world and it seems to me some people just can't accept it. I am not in the game of hate, I am trying to forgive. This is my journey, this is what I need to do to move on. I hope you can appreciate and understand that. Thank you for listening. '