Monday, January 23, 2006

Perfect day


Yesterday I think I made up for my meeting-forgetting uselessness of Thursday.

I had friends for dinner last night. One of them sent me a text when she got home which sums up my day beautifully succinctly. It also happens to boost my flailing ego at the same time, so I am going to share it with you:

'H, thank you! You are amazing, cycled to see whale, had hair done, bought prawns and cooked amazing dinner! You are a legend!'

Boy do I feel better.

Very sad about the whale, but so glad I saw him, it was awe inspiring seeing that huge dark tail emerging out of the water, it took my breath away. It filled me with hope.

I am not a whale expert and my opinion is probably completely invalid, however it seems to me they should have stayed away from him, banned all boats on the Thames and let him figure it out himself. Instead they scared the shit out of the poor thing, no wonder he didn't make it.